A great shield if you want to control motors in your next Arduino project. With connections for DC motors, stepper motors or hobby servos. Provided as a kit with everything you need, just solder up and get playing. Produced by adafruit industries.
- Connect up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
- 2 connections for 5V 'hobby' servos connected to the Arduino's high-resolution dedicated timer
- Big terminal block connectors to easily hook up wires (10-22AWG) and power
- 4 H-Bridges: L293D chipset provides 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes. Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 36VDC.
about 0.5% resolution)
- Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
- Arduino reset button brought up top
- 2-pin terminal block and jumper to connect external power, for separate logic/motor supplies
- Download the easy-to-use Arduino software library, check out the examples and you're ready to go!
- Tested compatible with Arduino Mega, Uno, Diecimila & Duemilanove